The Dangers of DIY
Put Your Health First: Choose Orthodontics Over DIY
If we’ve learned one thing during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s the importance of putting health and safety first. That makes this a good time to remind new and prospective patients why it’s far better to straighten your smile with the help of a skilled and trained orthodontist rather than using a do-it-yourself option.
The Dangers of DIY Aligner Methods
DIY braces may seem like a fast and easy solution, but at-home methods can lead to long-term oral health problems that will ultimately require the expertise of an orthodontist to correct. Attempting to save money in the short term can have long-term consequences, both on your wallet and your health.
Why is that? The DIY approach is typically a one-size-fits-all solution. It doesn’t take X-rays or conduct exams – in other words, it doesn’t take your personal situation into account. In addition, there is no orthodontist to monitor the process, evaluate your progress, assess whether treatment is proceeding as it should, and adjust your treatment plan if needed. The resulting health issues can be significant: long-term bite problems, tooth misalignment, and infections are just some of the problems that can crop up after trying DIY orthodontia.
The Advantages of a Board-Certified Orthodontist
Rather than risking your smile and health with a dangerous DIY “solution,” turn to a proven expert who lives and works in your hometown. A board-certified orthodontist is uniquely educated and trained to provide the expert services needed to help you gain a healthy, beautiful smile. These are just some of the benefits of working with a licensed professional orthodontist:
Personalized Treatment Plans
At Adirondack Orthodontics, an on-site, board-certified orthodontist will complete X-rays and a visual exam, explore your medical history and tailor a customized treatment plan that meets your specific needs. We can even utilize technology to show you what your new smile will look like before we begin treatment!
Customized Payment Plans
When it comes to your budget, Adirondack Orthodontics has you covered. We can tailor a plan that will work within your budget, and we are a participating provider with nearly all insurance plans. We’ll also work with your insurance company to make sure you get the most out of your benefits and handle all the administrative details so you don’t have to.
One of the most important factors that make choosing an orthodontist superior to a DIY method is retention, or the ability to keep your smile after the treatment. At Adirondack Orthodontics, lifetime smile maintenance is guaranteed.
Convenient, Friendly Service
Flexible scheduling, caring and compassionate staff members, and affordable service are just some of the qualities that set us apart. At Adirondack Orthodontics, our patients are our most important priority!
Invest in Your Smile Today
Your health is too important to risk with a do-it-yourself treatment. Turn to the team that provides a personalized solution under the supervision of a licensed, board-certified orthodontist.
Get started at Adirondack Orthodontics today and allow us to create a treatment plan just for you! We are proud to treat all cases, no matter the challenges. Whether Invisalign is the best treatment for you, or you choose another solution such as ceramic or metal braces, we are here to help you gain and retain a beautiful smile.
You deserve the best in oral care, so skip the gimmicks and invest in your smile by calling Adirondack Orthodontics. Schedule an appointment today at one of our convenient locations in Clifton Park, Albany, Latham, or East Greenbush, NY. It would be our pleasure to provide you with incredible orthodontic care that puts your health, safety, and smile first!
Improving the Patient Experience With Our New Website and Online Tools
We’re thrilled that all Adirondack Orthodontics’ offices have reopened, but we’ve also learned that patients and families appreciate the opportunity to connect with us from their homes. So, we’re making it easier than ever to access the tools and information you need to make the right decisions about your oral health.
On June 1, we launched a new website that includes several online tools to assist both current and new patients.
Smile Assessment Tool
Take our quick and easy smile assessment to get a better idea of the orthodontic treatment that may be right for you or your child. Once we understand your concerns, we can begin to put together a treatment plan. All you’ll need to do after that is make an appointment with one of our Smile Ambassadors, which you can do while using our Smile Assessment tool.
We believe in being upfront when it comes to the cost of treatment. Use our payment calculator to understand how your payments will be spread out over time. We offer completely customized plans because we believe everyone should be able to afford the perfect smile – and remember, we are a participating provider with nearly every insurance plan.
Our payment calculator can estimate the cost of your treatment based on your initial payment, how much insurance will pay, the length of the treatment, and more.
Online Bill Payment
Paying your bills from the comfort and safety of your home is more essential than ever. Utilize our secure online bill payment option any time you need to make a payment. If you have any questions, our trained and friendly staff is always available to help you.
Explore Our Website
We hope you’ll take a few minutes to look through our new website and check out the many great things happening at Adirondack Orthodontics. Whether you’re a current or new patient, we’re sure you’ll like what you see, and if we can be of service, we’d love to talk to you. Don’t hesitate to contact your nearest office in Albany, Clifton Park, Latham, or East Greenbush. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Important Information from Adirondack Orthodontics During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
We’re excited to let you know that Adirondack Orthodontics has reopened and we are once again welcoming current and new patients for in-office treatment!
As we resume patient care, we want to express our sincere appreciation for your support and friendship during the COVID-19 pandemic. Amid the challenge of this unprecedented situation, your trust and confidence have truly meant the world to us.
As you know, the health and safety of our patients and staff, and their respective families, has always been our highest priority and paramount concern. To enhance that commitment and ensure the safest possible environment, we have established a series of enriched protocols to protect everyone as we provide the caring and compassionate treatment to which you are accustomed.
Please note: We are NOT instituting or increasing any patient fees to cover costs associated with COVID-19 protocols.
Read below for important information regarding treatment in each of our offices.
Moving Forward: Care and Treatment at Adirondack Orthodontics (as of 6/3/20)
To ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and families, we have adopted the following procedures:
- If you are sick, you should not come into the office for treatment. Please call and we will reschedule your appointment.
- We are scheduling additional time between appointments to minimize the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- We ask all patients and family members coming into the office to wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Our waiting areas will be closed to maintain proper social distancing.
- For our child patients, we ask that he/she be accompanied by only 1 (one) parent or guardian.
- We ask parents/guardians to check in at the reception desk with their child, make any payments due and schedule upcoming appointments, and then return to their cars during treatment. We will call you when treatment is completed to return and pick up your child.
- We are excited to meet you in the office for a complimentary consultation. If you are ready to begin treatment, we can often start on the day of your initial visit.
- If you prefer to begin with a complimentary virtual consultation from the comfort of your home, we are happy to arrange one at your convenience.
- We are conducting daily temperature and health checks for all staff, both administrative and clinical.
- We are requiring all staff to wear protective gear, including masks and gloves, in accordance with local, state and federal health guidelines.
- We have always required all clinical staff to adhere to all relevant infection control protocols, and we will continue to do so.
- We have placed treatment chairs in our operatory to ensure we maintain proper social distancing.
- We are following all recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local health departments regarding cleaning between appointments, and conducting thorough office disinfections, as appropriate.
- We will be calling all patients to schedule appointments as quickly as possible. If you are uncomfortable with returning to the office, let us know and we will work with you on alternative options.
- We continue to be available by phone at (518) 512-3001 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- We continue to monitor and respond to emails at email@example.com on weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- We continue to address accounts and take payments by phone.
- We continue to answer insurance or billing questions by phone.
To further reduce the spread of COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to continue to observe the best practices established by the CDC. More information can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
While many facets of life have been affected by the pandemic, please know that one has not: our commitment to provide caring and compassionate treatment to our wonderful patients and families, and the outstanding community that we are privileged to serve. Our dedication to that mission, if anything, has been reinforced and strengthened.
We look forward to seeing you and your family soon!
Yours in Good Health,
Dr. Sergey Berenshteyn
Learn More In Our Blog Posts