Am I a Candidate?
Braces vs. Invisalign
Are there some parts of your smile that you are less than satisfied with? Have you been on the hunt for an orthodontist in Albany who can help? Chances are you already know that an orthodontist can correct overbites, crowded teeth, crooked teeth, underbites, tooth gaps, and other dental issues you may be experiencing. You may even already know the main two methods of doing so: braces and Invisalign. What you may not know is if you’re a better candidate for Invisalign or braces.
The most common question we hear from new patients at our orthodontic office in Albany is: “What treatment is right for me?” Read on to better understand the answer to this question.
Good Candidates for Invisalign
- You want a discreet option. If you need to treat your dental issues without the whole world watching, Invisalign’s series of clear aligners may be the answer.
- You don’t want to be limited in what you eat. Invisalign aligners can be removed at will, while braces stay on for the duration of treatment. If you want to enjoy sticky, chewy, or hard food during treatment, you might want to try Invisalign.
- You don’t want to deal with brackets and wires. While braces are comfortable enough for some, others might find the brackets and wires unpleasant and prefer the ease of Invisalign.
Good Candidates for Braces
- You’re not sure you’ll remember to wear the aligners. You’ll need to wear your aligners at least 22 hours a day to have the desired effect. If you think you’ll forget to wear them, braces may work better for you.
- You’re a smoker. One key benefit of Invisalign is that the aligners are clear. However, smoking can stain your aligners. Braces would be the better choice in this case.
- You have a more severe dental problem. Patients who have a severe overbite or underbite typically need braces. These bite conditions can be signs of more serious concerns that require a targeted treatment plan.
The best way to determine the right orthodontic treatment for you is to schedule a consultation with the best orthodontist in Albany: Adirondack Orthodontics! We can examine your teeth, take any necessary X-rays, and get to know your goals and budget. Then, we can suggest the best course of treatment to give you your ideal smile!
Whether you are looking for Invisalign or braces in Albany, or you are located in the surrounding areas, we have an orthodontic office near you. With six convenient locations in the Capital Region, we may be closer than you think, so call or text us today to schedule your appointment!