One of upstate New York’s fastest-growing, doctor-operated orthodontic practices is seeking a talented administrative assistant to join our caring and committed team. This is a long-term career opportunity to grow with us in the Capital Region. You’ll work in our state-of-the-art, completely digital offices in five locations, using the latest digital technology. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a chance to work in a welcoming, fun environment alongside enthusiastic and energetic colleagues.
Our commitment to creating beautiful, healthy, smiles for a lifetime is guided by our core beliefs:
- Every patient deserves caring, customized treatment that utilizes our exceptional education and training, state of the art technologies, and best in class facilities.
- Impeccable patient experience is non-negotiable, from positive interactions to a seamless treatment process.
- Patient experience is only enhanced when the contributions of our staff are valued and applied to our practice.
Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Scope/Role: Ensuring a high quality patient experience by performing the following duties:
- Review the office for a neat and professional appearance
- Check the daily schedule for accuracy
- Answer and respond to multiple phone lines with kind professionalism
- Review supplies for reception and inform the practice manager of any reorders
- Ensure that OSHA/HIPPA Guidelines are being followed at the front desk
- Provide administrative support as necessary to assist staff in performing their duties (creating spreadsheets, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Greet and welcome patients/visitors to the practice
- Check in patients according to protocol (verify and update patient information)
- Engage in patient relations and handle complaints
- Explain office policy to patients
- Confirm the next days appointments and send reminders
- Schedule patients
- Collect payment from patients
- Provide requested documentation to patients
- Call and schedule patients without appointments
- Gather complete and accurate patient information
- See that records are stored securely and are HIPPA compliant
- Update insurance information as necessary
- Maintain effective rapport with patients, doctors, etc.
- Effective communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Quick and accurate response to patient needs