Invisalign For All Ages
Clear plastic aligners are practically invisible and most people won’t even be able to notice that you have them in. Life with Invisalign also comes with fewer restrictions. You can continue to enjoy all of your favorite foods and your current oral hygiene habits are usually sufficient. Plus, you’ll only need to visit us every 8 to 12 weeks. All of this makes Invisalign a perfect option for patients of all ages
Invisalign For Kids
If your child needs early treatment, chances are, he or she will be using some kind of removable appliance. Your primary worries – that your child will lose his or her aligners, or that he or she won’t wear them as instructed – will be the same no matter what removable appliance you choose. Like many other removable appliances, Invisalign can be used to address specific problems and ensure that your child’s permanent teeth erupt properly. It’s just one option among many.
Invisalign offers a number of advantages specifically for kids, including:
- Comfort – Invisalign aligners are clear and comfortable, which make them easy to use, even for very young children.
- Replaceable – Kids lose things, we get it. Invisalign aligners are very easy to replace if they get lost. We usually won’t have to rescan or take a mold of your child’s teeth.
- Removable – Clear aligners are taken out during meals so there is no need to change your child’s food selection as you would with traditional braces.
- Hygiene – Since aligners are removed for meals, your child can also clean their teeth before putting them back in. This will help maintain cleaner, healthier teeth.
Invisalign For Teens
Many providers refuse to prescribe Invisalign for teens on the grounds that teens won’t comply with the treatment protocol. At Adirondack Orthodontics, we know there are plenty of mature, responsible teenagers that can follow the Invisalign treatment protocol just fine. Our treatment is patient-directed, so if you and your teen believe they can handle Invisalign, your teen can have Invisalign. Invisalign offers many benefits for teens, including:
- Flexibility – Clear aligners allow your teen to play sports and musical instruments without interruption or inconvenience.
- Confidence – Without a mouth full of metal, your teen will feel more confident in his or her smile and personal appearance.
- Eat What They Want – Have a picky eater? Or one who can’t seem to eat enough? Your teen will have complete freedom when it comes to food. Their friends with braces often have to go months or years without chewing a stick of gum or enjoying popcorn at the movies. Not your teen! All they have to do is remove the aligners when eating.
- Hygiene – Since your teen removes the aligners while eating, they also have an opportunity to make sure they brush and floss. Invisalign allows your teen to maintain healthier teeth to go along with a straighter smile.
Invisalign For Adults
It’s one thing to have braces as a teenager, but as an adult, you have different considerations. You might not want conspicuous metal braces to weigh you down in your personal and professional life, and the diet restrictions and oral hygiene needs could be too much for your busy lifestyle. Luckily, you don’t have to worry about any of that with Invisalign for adults. Invisalign has many distinct advantages for adults, including:
- Discretion – Clear aligners are not obvious and can even be removed. This makes many adults feel more comfortable about straightening their teeth in the workplace.
- Treatment Duration – Invisalign programs typically do not take as long as traditional braces. It’s never too late to get the smile that you’ve always wanted.
- Flexibility – Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing you to eat your favorite foods while they are removed.
- Comfort – Not only does Invisalign feel more comfortable in your mouth, but you will also feel more comfortable in social settings with clear aligners.