Improving the Patient Experience With Our New Website and Online Tools
We’re thrilled that all Adirondack Orthodontics’ offices have reopened, but we’ve also learned that patients and families appreciate the opportunity to connect with us from their homes. So, we’re making it easier than ever to access the tools and information you need to make the right decisions about your oral health.
On June 1, we launched a new website that includes several online tools to assist both current and new patients.
Smile Assessment Tool
Take our quick and easy smile assessment to get a better idea of the orthodontic treatment that may be right for you or your child. Once we understand your concerns, we can begin to put together a treatment plan. All you’ll need to do after that is make an appointment with one of our Smile Ambassadors, which you can do while using our Smile Assessment tool.
We believe in being upfront when it comes to the cost of treatment. Use our payment calculator to understand how your payments will be spread out over time. We offer completely customized plans because we believe everyone should be able to afford the perfect smile – and remember, we are a participating provider with nearly every insurance plan.
Our payment calculator can estimate the cost of your treatment based on your initial payment, how much insurance will pay, the length of the treatment, and more.
Online Bill Payment
Paying your bills from the comfort and safety of your home is more essential than ever. Utilize our secure online bill payment option any time you need to make a payment. If you have any questions, our trained and friendly staff is always available to help you.
Explore Our Website
We hope you’ll take a few minutes to look through our new website and check out the many great things happening at Adirondack Orthodontics. Whether you’re a current or new patient, we’re sure you’ll like what you see, and if we can be of service, we’d love to talk to you. Don’t hesitate to contact your nearest office in Albany, Clifton Park, Latham, or East Greenbush. We look forward to seeing you soon!
This is a Great Time to Get Braces – Here Are 5 Reasons Why
The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted many people to pursue longstanding desires, from home improvement and landscaping projects to health and fitness goals. We are seeing that firsthand at Adirondack Orthodontics, with an increasing number of people contacting us to inquire about straightening their teeth with Invisalign or traditional braces. Now is a great time to get started – here are five reasons why.
Health and Safety is Our Top Priority. We have established extensive protocols to ensure the well-being of our patients and staff. Once our doors fully reopen, we are spacing out appointments to minimize contact with others; checking the temperatures of staff and patients daily prior to treatments; installing partitions to enable social distancing during treatments; and enhancing deep cleaning and thorough disinfection so each patient has a safe and enjoyable experience.
Virtual Screenings Get Treatment Started Safely and Comfortably. Our complimentary virtual consultation program has been a huge hit! It gives patients access to our orthodontic services from the comfort and safety of their homes. See our Virtual Consultation page to find out more; you can call us, email us, or fill out the form on that page, and we will get started on putting together the information needed to schedule your virtual appointment.
Patients Starting Now Move to the Front of the Line. As we start to ramp back up, your path to achieving a beautiful and healthy smile is wide open. With your virtual screening completed, you’ll be ready to have your braces put on immediately. That means your treatment will be completed faster and it won’t be long before you’re showing off your gorgeous new smile!
The Cost Savings Have Never Been Better. No matter your financial situation, Adirondack Orthodontics wants to ensure you have access to all the best orthodontic care. In addition to our customized payment plans, low down payment options, and discounts for teachers and first responders, we’ve put together a special offer: start your treatment by June 30 and we’ll match your down payment up to $650. (This applies to comprehensive treatment only)
We Offer the Flexibility You Need and Convenience You Want. With four offices conveniently located in Albany, Latham, Clifton Park, and East Greenbush, we’re right in your neighborhood. And, with evening and weekend hours, we can work around your busy work schedule, school and sports activities, and other commitments to make treatment a seamless process.
Now is the perfect time to start planning for the future. We invite you to visit our webpage to see the latest updates on our practice and policies during the COVID-19 pandemic. And, if you would like to schedule a complimentary virtual consultation, visit our Virtual Consultation page to make an appointment at your convenience. We look forward to helping you achieve the perfect, healthy smile of your dreams!
Important Information from Adirondack Orthodontics During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
We’re excited to let you know that Adirondack Orthodontics has reopened and we are once again welcoming current and new patients for in-office treatment!
As we resume patient care, we want to express our sincere appreciation for your support and friendship during the COVID-19 pandemic. Amid the challenge of this unprecedented situation, your trust and confidence have truly meant the world to us.
As you know, the health and safety of our patients and staff, and their respective families, has always been our highest priority and paramount concern. To enhance that commitment and ensure the safest possible environment, we have established a series of enriched protocols to protect everyone as we provide the caring and compassionate treatment to which you are accustomed.
Please note: We are NOT instituting or increasing any patient fees to cover costs associated with COVID-19 protocols.
Read below for important information regarding treatment in each of our offices.
Moving Forward: Care and Treatment at Adirondack Orthodontics (as of 6/3/20)
To ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and families, we have adopted the following procedures:
- If you are sick, you should not come into the office for treatment. Please call and we will reschedule your appointment.
- We are scheduling additional time between appointments to minimize the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- We ask all patients and family members coming into the office to wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Our waiting areas will be closed to maintain proper social distancing.
- For our child patients, we ask that he/she be accompanied by only 1 (one) parent or guardian.
- We ask parents/guardians to check in at the reception desk with their child, make any payments due and schedule upcoming appointments, and then return to their cars during treatment. We will call you when treatment is completed to return and pick up your child.
- We are excited to meet you in the office for a complimentary consultation. If you are ready to begin treatment, we can often start on the day of your initial visit.
- If you prefer to begin with a complimentary virtual consultation from the comfort of your home, we are happy to arrange one at your convenience.
- We are conducting daily temperature and health checks for all staff, both administrative and clinical.
- We are requiring all staff to wear protective gear, including masks and gloves, in accordance with local, state and federal health guidelines.
- We have always required all clinical staff to adhere to all relevant infection control protocols, and we will continue to do so.
- We have placed treatment chairs in our operatory to ensure we maintain proper social distancing.
- We are following all recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local health departments regarding cleaning between appointments, and conducting thorough office disinfections, as appropriate.
- We will be calling all patients to schedule appointments as quickly as possible. If you are uncomfortable with returning to the office, let us know and we will work with you on alternative options.
- We continue to be available by phone at (518) 512-3001 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- We continue to monitor and respond to emails at email@example.com on weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- We continue to address accounts and take payments by phone.
- We continue to answer insurance or billing questions by phone.
To further reduce the spread of COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to continue to observe the best practices established by the CDC. More information can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
While many facets of life have been affected by the pandemic, please know that one has not: our commitment to provide caring and compassionate treatment to our wonderful patients and families, and the outstanding community that we are privileged to serve. Our dedication to that mission, if anything, has been reinforced and strengthened.
We look forward to seeing you and your family soon!
Yours in Good Health,
Dr. Sergey Berenshteyn
Make Invisalign Treatment Your 2020 Resolution
Make Invisalign Treatment Your 2020 Resolution
The most common New Year’s resolutions involve changing your lifestyle to improve your physical and mental well-being. As you create your goals for the upcoming year, put your smile on the top of the list! Orthodontic treatment is an investment that will pay off not just this year but for the rest of your life, and Invisalign may be the right treatment for you.
The Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign has become more popular over the years and remains one of the most requested orthodontic treatments, and with good reason! This treatment is nearly invisible (hence the name) and far more comfortable than alternatives. Invisalign involves the use of custom, discreet aligners. Read on to find out more about the benefits of Invisalign over other teeth-straightening methods.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
Invisalign has gained popularity over traditional braces due to comfort and convenience. This treatment won’t leave your mouth full of brackets and metal that make it difficult to eat and speak. Instead, you will be given a series of customized clear aligners that can barely be seen and can be taken out at any time. Reasons to choose Invisalign instead of traditional braces include:
- Invisalign requires fewer office visits in general, as you won’t need to come in for wire changes.
- Invisalign treatment takes the same amount or less time than traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easy to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- Invisalign maintenance is easy: simply rinse and soak your aligners to keep them clean.
Invisalign vs. DIY Teeth Straightening Kits
While all the dangers of do-it-yourself teeth straightening kits are still unknown, some of the consequences have already come to light: gum recession, enamel erosion, tooth loss, and more. When your treatment isn’t created just for you by an experienced orthodontist who has examined your teeth, the results can be immediate and long-term damage to your teeth, roots, and jaw. Other reasons to choose Invisalign rather than a DIY teeth straightening kit include:
- Invisalign will involve the help of an experienced orthodontist to monitor the process.
- Invisalign is customized to address specific issues that have been found by an exam and X-rays.
- Invisalign won’t cause long-term issues like infections.
- Invisalign will save time and money by ensuring your teeth are properly aligned the first time.
- Invisalign ensures long-term retention, as it involves a plan for care and future office visits.
- Invisalign won’t harm or damage your teeth and jaw.
Paying for Invisalign
While the overall price of Invisalign may seem high, the results far outweigh the cost; the adage “you get what you pay for” certainly applies to orthodontia. Invisalign is an investment in the health of your teeth and the appearance of your smile, and Adirondack Orthodontics can guide you through the process of budgeting and paying for the treatment.
First, we recommend checking to make sure we’re a participating provider with your insurance. Next, we can come up with a payment plan that spreads over the duration of the treatment, with low down payment options and our in-house 0% interest payment plan. Finally, we can help you take advantage of our regular and special discounts, including discounts for teachers, first responders, police officers, multiple siblings, and more.
No matter your budget, we will work with you to find a solution so you can get the orthodontic treatment you need and deserve. Just discuss your budget and needs during your initial appointment at our office.
Find Out If You’re a Candidates
Most people who could use the help of braces are good candidates for Invisalign. The best way to find out if Invisalign is right for you is to call the team at Adirondack Orthodontics!
Call us today to schedule a free consultation so we can discuss this effective, affordable, and fast orthodontic treatment with you in greater detail. Our team would love to help you put your best smile forward in 2020. Get in touch with us now to get started.
How to Make Orthodontics More Affordable
How to Make Orthodontics More Affordable
A healthy, beautiful smile is a long-term investment, yet many people assume they can’t afford it. Fortunately, Adirondack Orthodontics makes it as easy as possible for patients to pay for the treatments they need. From guiding you through the process of insurance and medical spending accounts to offering discounts and various payment methods, the team at Adirondack Orthodontics is here to help you save on your most important investment: your health.
FSAs & HSAs: What You Need to Know
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs) are related, but each offers distinct ways to save money on health care. While both allow patients to use pre-tax dollars for certain health expenses, there are some important differences between the two.
FSAs enable you to set aside pre-tax dollars to use towards specific health care, including orthodontic treatment. Not only can FSAs be used for your own deductibles and office visits, but they can also be used for your dependents as well. Employers set up the FSA and have control over them; they get to decide the rollover rules, and contributions can only be changed during open enrollment.
An HSA is a bit more restrictive in some ways and less restrictive in others. While an HSA enables you to use pre-tax income towards medical costs just like an FSA does, an HSA can be utilized only if you have a high-deductible health plan. As the owner of an HSA, you have control over changing contributions and can bring your account with you if your employment changes. You also have the ability to contribute more to your account, meaning you will have a greater amount set aside to help with orthodontia and other medical bills.
By using an FSA or HSA for necessary medical expenses, you can save money in the long run. Generally, using one of these accounts won’t give you a straightforward discount on the treatment you need. What it does is help you to save money on your taxes. At a minimum, you’ll save the money that would have been taxed on the income you set aside; at maximum, you might be able to put yourself in a lower tax bracket altogether.
Keep in mind that the next deadline for making your FSA contribution is December 31, 2019, while the deadline for HSA contributions is April 15, 2020. If you have any questions about how to utilize your plan, call the knowledgeable staff members at Adirondack Orthodontics.
Choosing a Participating Provider
If you have insurance, selecting an in-network (participating) provider will allow you to make the most of it. When you choose a participating provider, you ensure that your provider will accept the fees set by the insurance company. Plus, many participating providers can offer extra assistance, maximizing your benefits. They understand the insurance company’s rules and procedures – they’re in the network – and will often handle paperwork and claims for you.
At Adirondack Orthodontics, we participate with almost every insurer in the area, but we recommend you check with yours to be sure. That way, you won’t be blindsided by a bill that you thought would be covered by your insurance.
Other Ways to Save
Adirondack Orthodontics is always searching for ways to help our patients save on their orthodontic treatments, both immediately and over long periods of time. Some of the ways we help you save include:
- Spread Out Payments: Extended payment plans and low down-payment options allow you to pay a little upfront and spread payments out over time.
- Pay Now or Later: Whether you want to take advantage of our paid in full discount by paying upfront or paying over time with an interest-free payment plan, we are here to help.
- Sibling Discount: If you have more than one child who needs treatment, we offer a multiple sibling discount.
- Other Discounts: We offer discounts for military personnel, teachers, and first responders.
- Referral Program: Pass on your love of Adirondack Orthodontics and enjoy a referral discount.
Schedule an Appointment
Adirondack Orthodontics can inform you about all the different options available to you. No matter your budget or how you want to structure your payments, we can guide you through the decision-making process and make sure you’re fully informed before you get started. Call us today to schedule an appointment and let us help you start your journey or your child’s journey to a strong, stunning smile.
Learn More In Our Blog Posts